[Mapserver-users] DTD's from digitalearth

Eric Sokolowsky eric.sokolowsky at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon May 10 16:58:08 EDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, "Weßling, Achim" wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> does someone has the exception.dtd's and capabilities.dtd's referenced in
> the capabilities.xml of mapserver? www.digitalearth.gov isn't responding to
> any of the request. So I'd like to put those DTD's on my mapserver.
> Thanks!

This is from the wms-dev mailing list:

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 11:08:06 -0400
Subject: [wms-dev] Re: WMS DTD on digitalearth.gov

IMPORTANT NOTE: I regret to indicate that
www.digitalearth.gov is down; we hope it will be back up by
the end of the week. That is the cause of the error messages
regarding inaccessible DTDs on some Web Map Servers. It is
permitted for a WMS to reference an exact local copy of the
DTD instead of the master copy in order to avoid this
interdependency.

You may be able to find a copy of the DTD you need at
<http://www2.digitalearth.gov/wmt/xml/>.
viewer.digitalearth.gov (same machine) is also down.
Sorry for the inconvenience,

Jeff DLB