[Mapserver-users] Mapserver Hosting Wanted

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu May 20 02:07:42 EDT 2004

It's not really rocket science to set up your own server, is it? We got a
dedicated server here, on a fixed IP address. We just put windows 2000
professional (not even server) on it with Apache, and that suffices for
running Chameleon and Mapserver. I think anything above 1GHz gets you decent
performance if you don't have too much data in it.

Depending on what it costs for you to get a fixed IP address, it could even
become profitable if you get your client to pay a little for the hosting
that you offer (like we do; we recoupe our internet connection costs this
way).

Jacob