[Mapserver-users] Shp2Img gmake Error - Adding info - New Error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 20 00:47:18 EDT 2004

qoelheX wrote:
> Well, did not compile, and I get a new error:
>
> bash-2.05$ g++ -O2  -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA  -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_PROJ
> -DUSE_PROJ_API_H -DUSE_WMS_SVR      -DUSE_TIFF  -DUSE_GD_PNG
> -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DUSE_PDF       -DUSE_THREAD
> -I/opt/univali/include
> -I/usr/desen/cunivali/Tar/PDFlib-Lite-5.0.3-Unix-src/libs/pdflib
> -I/opt/univali/include -I/opt/univali/include             shp2img.o  -L.
> -lmap -L/opt/univali/lib -lgd  -L/opt/univali/lib -Wl,+b
> -Wl,/opt/univali/lib -lfreetype -lpng -L/opt/univali/lib -lz
> -L/usr/desen/cunivali/Tar/PDFlib-Lite-5.0.3-Unix-src/libs/pdflib/lib
> -lpdf -L/opt/univali/lib -ltiff  -L/opt/univali/lib -Wl,+b
> -Wl,/opt/univali/lib -lfreetype -lpng -L/opt/univali/lib -lz
> -L/opt/univali/lib -lproj    -L/usr -lm   -o shp2img
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>   msReleaseLock (first referenced in ./libmap.a(mapfile.o)) (code)
>   msGetThreadId (first referenced in ./libmap.a(maperror.o)) (code)
>   msAcquireLock (first referenced in ./libmap.a(mapfile.o)) (code)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> And I try to add a -L in front of "/usr", but the same error occur.
>
> So, I'll go to search this new error, if someone knows about, please,
> tell me :)

qoelheX,

This indicates there is no implementation of the code in mapthread.c is found.
Assuming that mapthread.o *is* being linked in, my guess would be that
the "unix" macro is not defined.  If this happens no implementation will
be compiled.

Try adding #define unix within mapthread.c, just after the #include "mapthread.h".
If this resolves your problem please file an appropriate error report in the
MapServer bugzilla and we will try to resolve this in the upstream source
code in some appropriate fashion.  Please assign the bug directly to me
(warmerdam at pobox.com).

> I can, I must improve my english ! !!  huahuahuahuahua :D

You seem effective at communicating in English.  That is more than can be
said for some of us for whom it is a first (and only) language.

Best regards,