[Mapserver-users] multiple symbols in the same class

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at fastmail.fm
Wed May 26 21:19:11 EDT 2004

--------------enig8ED2F4B6DBB6FB66B589899C

Eduardo Patto Kanegae wrote:
> is there a way to define 2 symbologies for the same class, of the same layer, inside a CGI mapserver application without creation two layers with the same name?
>
> I mean, I wanna use a vector SYMBOL from the scale 1:250000 to 1:10000 and from 1:9999 to 1:1000 I want to use a PIXMAP symbol.

You can specify the minimal and maximal scale for a class with MINSCALE
and MAXSCALE. The syntax seems to be the same as for layer. I use this
to specify when display primary and secondary elements of a layer.
Maybye it is possible to specify different style for each class.

Hope this can help,

Jean-Denis