[Mapserver-users] How does one create .map files?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu May 27 14:46:13 EDT 2004

Sharyn -

I DID share <g>.  There's not much more to say.  Simply create your MAP
files as if you were writing C code, using whatever preprocessor
commands (#define, #include, #if, etc.) you like.  Then use your
favorite C compiler from the command line passing whatever #defines you
want to produce the result you want.  You want to use the correct
command for your compiler so it only runs the preprocessor and doesn't
try to compile the result.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker