[Mapserver-users] GRASS raster support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 27 14:51:58 EDT 2004

Richard Greenwood wrote:
> I've run into a glitch displaying GRASS rasters in 4.0.1 and 4.2.0.
> Mapserver reports an error that the GRASS raster is not a valid EPPL
> file, so I recompiled --without-eppl but still no joy:
>
>   drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available.
>
> How can I avoid drawEPP() and force GDAL to render?

Richard,

This message generally means that the file wasn't recognised by any of the
existing drivers and fell through to the "last chance" drawEPP().  I would
suggest there is a problem with the GRASS driver in GDAL not recognising your
reference to a GRASS cell layer.  Perhaps you should try and diagnose this
aspect externally first using gdalinfo.

Best regards,