The use of '

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Mon Nov 8 07:25:05 EST 2004

>> I use shape files, and in .DBF files I have string values with
>> apostrophes inside (e.g.: "Cava de' Tirreni", "Via Dell'Artigianato",
>> and so on). When I query my map, MapServer substitutes all apostrophes
>> with the string "'" (and prints "Cava de' Tirreni" or "Via
>> Dell'Artigianato").
>>

>How do you query your map? Are you using the mapserv CGI with the query
templates or some other mechanism such as
>WMS, WFS,... ?

I query my map through mapserv CGI (using jBox applet).

Now I have commented the "switch... case" lines in mapstring.c and
recompiled MapServer to avoid the problem.

>Could you please file a bug about this in the mapserver bugzilla?

Done.
Bug #1040.

Bye,
  Daniele