html legend order_metadata in [leg_group_html]?

Ken Boss Ken.Boss at DNR.STATE.MN.US
Tue Nov 16 12:51:02 EST 2004

Is the order_metadata parameter supported within the [leg_group_html]
tag?  I've tried it, but with no apparent effect.  The docs are a bit
ambiguous on this point, saying in the [leg_group_html] section that
"The group list is decided by the order_metadata parameter, which is
explained later."  Where it is explained later, though, turns out to
be
in the [leg_layer_html] section.  This seems to imply that I can
control
the order of layers within groups, but not the order of groups within
the legend.

If order_metadata does not in fact apply to the [leg_group_html] tag,
is there some other means (other than physical ordering in the map
file)
available to control the order in which my groups appear in the
legend?

Any help would be appreciated,

Ken Boss
MN DNR Forestry Resource Assessment