problem with postGIS and WMS capabilities if wms_extent not defined

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Nov 19 07:33:33 EST 2004

Hi list,

I have a PostGIS layer in my MAP file and I am using the 4.4 beta2 windows
binary from maptools.org. I am on Windows 2000 server.

If I don't define a WMS_EXTENT in the METADATA section of my LAYER, I get
a crash of the WMS capabilities (only 4 Kb of normally 5 Kb is sent). If I
do define the WMS_EXTENT everything works fine.

The last part of the capabilities received is:
    <GetLegendGraphic>
      <Format>image/png</Format>
      <Format>image/gif</Format>
      <Format>image/jpeg</Format>
      <Format>image/wbmp</Format>
      <Format>application/x-shockwave-flash</Format>
      <Format>text/html</Format>
      <Format>application/x-pdf</Format>
      <Format>image/tiff</Format>
      <DCPType>