Contours again.

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Oct 13 15:49:13 EDT 2004

All,

Well I tried out a composite file before asking this question.

I just ran a 550+meg SHP file for our Contour data.  There is only one
attribute in the DBF, which is the elevation.

a Typical request takes around 120 sec to complete.  so I'm going to try
and tile the shp file out into smaller version and use a tile index on
top of that.  Are there any pitfalls I should watch out for during the
process of tiling a SHP file?

Also, how do I label with a INTEGER vs a REAL for the elevations.  I'm
getting  14 decimal places in the labels.  :c)

Thanks

bobb