example with rubberband

Sandeep Bashyal gis at UNDPHAIS.ORG.NP
Fri Oct 15 00:01:37 EDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:13:37 +0300, temiz <temiz at DEPREM.GOV.TR> wrote:

> hello
>
> for zooming, I want to build rubberband.
> How can I get an example which contain rubberband for zooming ?
>
> kind regards
>
> Ahmet temiz
>

> ______________________________________
> Inflex - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
> Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
>
> ______________________________________
> The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's
> own
> and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of
> Earthquake Research Dept.
> of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.
>
> Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal
> olarak T.C.
> B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici
> nitelikte degildir.

Ahmet,

I've found the rubberband zoom box by Gayathri Swaminathan to be simple
and quite useful. You can download it here:
        http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/user_utilities/RBand.zip
Just call startRubber and stopRubber functions on mouseDown and mouseUp
events on the main map image and put hidden form elements containing the
width and height of the "rubberband" layer.

Works pretty well for my limited knowledge of javascript and mapserver :).

Regards.

--
Sandeep Bashyal
mailto:gis at undphais.org.np