Arcview view to mapfile extension

Manjiri Andhare mandhare at STATE.PA.US
Fri Oct 22 10:50:16 EDT 2004

Hello!!
I'm working on ArcGIS 9, ArcView. I went to the site you suggested
(http://gix.sourceforge.net/), and downloaded the extention(export tool
version 0.2). And I understand that you said that its meant to export
ArcGIS 3.x files to .map files, but i just wanted to check if it works with
ArcView 9, but it dosn't seem to work with ArcView 9.
When I went to ArcMap 9, and tryed to load the extention, it didn't give me
the choice to add "Gix MTS Tools" i.e. I don't see the check box for"Gix
MTS Tools" to select.
I think this is probably because this export tool is not for ArcView 9. And
if it is supposed to work with ArcView 9, what is the way to load this
extention? Or if you know any other tool like this, that will work under
ArcView 9, please let me know,
Thank you,
Manjiri Andhare
GIS Coordinator