raster : bad quality in output

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Thu Apr 7 10:13:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with rendering rasters...

MapServer output is correct but the rendering is not good. The road
names aren't readable.

When I open the raster file in an image viewer the quality is better.

Raster files are GeoTiff files (pack-bits compression).

They are defined like this in my map file :

  LAYER
                NAME "F_50000"
                STATUS DEFAULT
                TILEINDEX "raster/50000.shp"
                TYPE RASTER
                MAXSCALE 75000
                MINSCALE 35001
                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:27572"
                END
        END

The output of Mapserver is PNG24 :

 OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME png24
                DRIVER "GD/PNG"
                MIMETYPE "image/png"
                IMAGEMODE RGBA
                EXTENSION "png"
                FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"
 END

Has someone a great idea on how I can correct that ?

I can put some online samples.

Thanks

Didrik