raster : bad quality in output

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Apr 7 10:19:56 EDT 2005

Didrik,

This are you explicitly setting the size of the image on your output html page?  If so, does it match the size set in your Map file?

David.

David Fawcett
Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance
david.fawcett at moea.state.mn.us
651.215.0200

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Didrik Pinte
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 9:14 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] raster : bad quality in output

Hi,

I have a problem with rendering rasters...

MapServer output is correct but the rendering is not good. The road
names aren't readable.

When I open the raster file in an image viewer the quality is better.

Raster files are GeoTiff files (pack-bits compression).

They are defined like this in my map file :

  LAYER
                NAME "F_50000"
                STATUS DEFAULT
                TILEINDEX "raster/50000.shp"
                TYPE RASTER
                MAXSCALE 75000
                MINSCALE 35001
                PROJECTION
                        "init=epsg:27572"
                END
        END

The output of Mapserver is PNG24 :

 OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME png24
                DRIVER "GD/PNG"
                MIMETYPE "image/png"
                IMAGEMODE RGBA
                EXTENSION "png"
                FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"
 END

Has someone a great idea on how I can correct that ?

I can put some online samples.

Thanks

Didrik