Install/Config Problems

Morten Hulden morten at UNTAMO.NET
Sat Apr 9 21:21:29 EDT 2005

Giridhar Manepalli wrote:
> Currently, I am trying to install on Fedora Core 3, with php-4.3.11.  > I built it as a DSO similar to the working model.

If you get mapscript 4.4.1 to work on plain Fedora Core 3 I am
interested to know how you get around the fact that FC3 comes with a PHP
that has a bundled GD version where function names have a php_ prefix
that mapscript will not recognize.

Even if compile succeeds after some tricks, dl() segfaults because of
undefined symbols.

Recompiling PHP to use external GD seemed to be the only option last I
tried, but that was a while ago...

rgds