New to MapServer, project planning advice sought

James Cradock jcradock at ME3.COM
Sun Apr 10 12:23:48 EDT 2005

On Apr 10, 2005, at 11:57 AM, alex zendel wrote:

> If php is the way to go, what IDE/editors do you recommend?  I'l also
> need to get myself up to speed on php in general.  Any good php books
> that you recommend?

PHP is indeed a good platform-independent choice. You probably want
Dreamweaver. The editor in MX 2004 is much improved over previous
versions. If you're comfortable and more productive with a programmer's
editor (I'm on Mac OS X and code in BBEdit), then you can split the
drag-and-drop editing and the text editing between Dreamweaver and your
preferred editor. Setting your external editor is a Preference in
Dreamweaver.

Documentation: The online help docs at http://www.php.net is excellent,
and http://pear.php.net/manual/ is good too.

-----