Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] How to get a plan picture from ortho pictures?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 20 08:17:23 EDT 2005

On 4/20/05, luca marletta <lucamarle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply but my problems ("the problem" in this case) is not
> to have a big picture or a tileindex, else if I appreciate your
> suggestion, but to create a "plain image" (flat I mean, sorry for
> error in typing) from aeropictures, pay attention NOT from satellite.
> The pictures I have couldn't be overlap due to distortion, distortion
> that give them the possibility to build a 3D view and get an
> photogrammetric map.
> With some software elaboration you can rearrange them and make them
> plain and overlappable and my question is about experience in this
> directions mainly in opensource environment.

Luca,

I'm afraid I am still confused about what you want.  Are the inputs
actually ortho-photos or raw airphotos?  If they are orthophotos
then I don't see what you mean about not being able to overlap
them due to distortion.