pass URL arguments to DHTML mapserver interface

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Fri Apr 22 10:49:22 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Having recently experimented with the DHTML UMN site, I have to say
that it is a very elegant solution with clear documentation within the
source code.

So far i have been able to pass arguments on the URL to the DHTML
interface such that:

mapserver_page.html?variable=value

where 'variable' and its value are accessible to the JS code within the
DHTML page.

However, I cannot seem to figure out how to get these variables passed
on to the mapserver CGI when it is called.

For example, I would like to call the DHTML page with some parameters:

mapserver_page.html?county=CA_19

..which are then passed on to the mapserver CGI:

/path/to/cgi/mapserv?county=CA_19

is there currently any way of doing this?

thanks in advance, and thanks to the mapserver folks for the excellent
DHTML examples!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis