WFS Client Problems

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Fri Apr 29 00:24:16 EDT 2005

Hi Jeffrey,
The bad news is that it isn't really a WFS server!  Unless I'm seriously
missing something - this server is lying saying that it is WFS (repeatedly
used in the capabilities document).  Looking its capabilities document:
http://webservices.ionicsoft.com/unData/wfs/UN?request=capabilities
doesn't show any sign of really being a WFS, but only a WMS (although the
acronym is used there a lot).

If you know the people that put this together (anyone on this list!?), direct
them our way so we can help fix them up.  Can you show us how you got it to
return GML properly, other than for a feature query?

The good news is, it is a WMS and works.  Here is the layer definition that
should work for you.

LAYER
  NAME country
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  CONNECTION "http://webservices.ionicsoft.com/unData/wfs/UN?"
  METADATA
    "wms_server_version" "1.0.0"
    "wms_name" "COUNTRY"
    "wms_format" "PNG"
  END
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END
END

You won't be able to style the layers or change colours, but they've done a
good job making things look alright.

Let me know if you need more help.  Please cc: me directly to get my
attention.

Tyler