Error making mapscript tcl

Phil Dillon-Thiselton dibblethewrecker at JIWE.ORG
Tue Aug 2 11:03:19 EDT 2005

I switched to tcl 8.3.5 as you suggested to build against and it worked fine

> > [mapserver-workbench] : msedit.tcl
> > Error in startup script: can't find package msTclObjs
> >    while executing
> > "package require msTclObjs"
> >    (file "/usr/bin/msedit.tcl" line 23)
> >
> > I can't even find msTclObjs mentioned on teh net except for on the
> > mapserver related sites - what is it?
>
> msTclObjs is a package included with msworkbench. It is an object
> wrapperthat uses the obstcl package.
> You msworkbench distro should have it, as well as someother packages in
> it..

So it should be in
http://download.sourceforge.net/msworkbench/msworkbench-0.3.tar.gz

> I've fiddled with the msTclObjs package to use Itcl, which is more
> maintained than the obstcl package..
> Let me know if you want a copy..

If you can help implement it - I am putting this all together for Live GIS
distribution :)