Compilation Error on 64 bit Fedora Core 3

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at CBS.UMN.EDU
Tue Jan 18 12:41:10 EST 2005

After running configure, open your Makefile and and look for the line that
contains GEOS_INC.  You'll probably find it's lacking the path to your GEOS
include files.  Add -I/usr/include (or whatever the path to your GEOS
headers).

It seems MapServer's configure script doesn't get the include path from
geos-config properly.  An alternative is to not include the --with-geos
parameter.  I don't think  MapServer uses GEOS natively at the moment anyway.

Good luck!
-Perry N.

--
Pericles S. Nacionales

Dept. of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
University of Minnesota
work: 612 624 6713
e-mail: nacional at cbs.umn.edu