Mapserver html output and DOCTYPE...

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Mon Jan 31 16:21:12 EST 2005

Hi list,

Is there a way to remove the mapserv -v output commented at the beggining of the output html when using template file with mapserver??

I explain: I use DOCTYPE declaration for my xhtml to be valid and for Internet Explorer 6, DOCTYPE declaration MUST be at the first line of the xhtml.  If it's not, IE pass in quirk mode and the layout is not really what expected.

If not, perhaps future version should put this comment elsewhere in the output.  We, w3c compliant xhtml coder, will be really grateful :)

Thanks,

Nicolas Fortin
Mathématicien, Programmeur, Analyste de données
SMC-Québec Hydrologie, Environnement Canada
1141, Rte de l'Église, Sainte-Foy(QC) G1V 4H5
(418)648-2516