A flash question about Mapserver's SWF output

Jay Austin jayaustin at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 5 14:45:34 EDT 2005

Hi, I'm working on a flash app designed to load a mapserver swf and then
manipulate it (pan, zoom, etc).

In my flash file I use loadMovie to put the swf into an empty movie clip.

My ActionScript looks like this...
myclip_mc.loadMovie("http://myserver.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../htdocs/folder/folder/mapfile.map&mode=map");

When it loads the swf it puts it in the upper left corner of the stage
(regardless of where the empty movie clip was placed), and I am unable to
move it, change it's size it's x-scale etc.

I can access the variables in the swf, (i.e., _level5.Element[15][0], or
_level0.myclip_mc.mapObj.layers[0].name) I just can't manipulate the actual
map. Moving the movie clip the swf was loaded into does nothing.

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what name I have to use in
actionscript to move the physical map.

Thanks.