Map image resolution and weird asp issues

David Shorthouse dps1 at UALBERTA.CA
Sun Jul 10 00:01:56 EDT 2005

Hey folks,

    I have been trying to get MapServer to play nicely when static map
images are generated within an asp page. I have the mapfile configured to
output png but strangely in IE, the image file is always bmp and
consequently, is about 15X larger in file size than it ought to be. In
Mozilla, the image is png as it ought to be and is the appropriate file
size. Anyone know what's going on here? As an aside, I have two map files:
one for browse mode and one for map mode. I was wondering how one goes about
messing with the map files such that the resolution of images in map mode
are not always 72 dpi. Interestingly in browse mode, the image resolutions
are all 96 dpi. I'd rather have about 250 dpi for map mode and 72 dpi for
browse mode.

Thanks for any ideas,

Dave