place a point in the map

SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Nuri mapserver at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 11 05:51:50 EDT 2005

Recently I managed to create my own map and placed a symbol in it from a
database.

Now I need to place several points in the map. My database contains gps
coordinates like this:

4216 9669 259

Latitude: 42º 16'N
Longitude: 258ºE

I translated this gps coordinates to UTM coordinates to obtain:

Zone: 14
Easting: 252608
Norting: 4683531

I need to show this point in the map.

Someone could explain my how to do it? Thank you.

My present .map file is:

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT   0.000000 -205.000000 300.000000 0.000000
  SIZE           600 410
  SHAPEPATH      "data"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 180 0
  FONTSET "fonts/fonts.list"

  #PROJECTION
   # "proj=laea"
   # "ellps=clrk66"
   # "lat_0=45"
   # "lon_0=-100"
    #
    # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
    # "init=epsg:2163"
    #
  #END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS --------------------------------------------
-

    LAYER # Capa de raster
    NAME mapafig
    DATA "raster/figueres.tif"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE RASTER
    PROCESSING "BANDS=1"
    #OFFSITE 71 74 65 #Color que ha de ser transparent

    #PROJECTION
    #  "init=epsg:4326"
    #END
  END # Fi capa de raster