place a point in the map

N M mapserver at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 12 07:12:40 EDT 2005

Hi David,

I follow all steps in the information on the URL you send me, I think that
DSN runs perfectly, I created the TXT database, the OVF file and I modifed
my .map file with the parameters of the example. My question now is, how can
I calculate the EXTENT coordinates. When I had a shapefile I used it to do
it. Which could be my .map file so I could display it?

Have I to change anything in my .map file so it runs? My EXTEND is the one
of my old shapefile. Thank you

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT   0.000000 -205.000000 300.000000 0.000000
  SIZE           585 400
  SHAPEPATH      "data"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 180 0

  #PROJECTION
   # "proj=laea"
   # "ellps=clrk66"
   # "lat_0=45"
   # "lon_0=-100"
    #
    # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
    # "init=epsg:2163"
    #
  #END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS ---------------------------------------------

    LAYER # Capa de raster
    NAME mapafig
    DATA "raster/figueres.tif"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE RASTER
    PROCESSING "BANDS=1"

    #OFFSITE 71 74 65 #Color que ha de ser transparent

    #PROJECTION
    #  "init=epsg:4326"
    #END
  END # Fi capa de raster