Raster zoom problem with ERDAS Imagine Files

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 13 17:14:33 EDT 2005

On 7/13/05, Moen, Paul T. <pmoen at state.nd.us> wrote:
>  Frank,
>
>  I was able to recompile the gdal from cvs and then recompile mapserver, but
> the mapserv cgi no longer worked.  The compile and installation seemed to go
> well up until the browser wouldn't load the page.  The configure output and
> cpl_config.h file were as you said they should be.
>
>  I tried the GDAL 1.2.6( not from cvs) and it worked as gdal 1.2.5 did,
> without the large file support.
>
>  When I use cvs version, I receive no errors when hitting the site and
> browser just hangs and does not load the page.  With no errors to go on, I
> guess I will update my gdal via cvs later and try again.  Does that sound
> like my only option at the moment?

Paul,

Sorry, I am not sure what this would be related to.  Did you rebuild MapServer
with the new GDAL too?  C++ ABI changes in OGR mean that you can't
generally substitute different versions of GDAL without rebuilding MapServer.

Also, does shp2img work at the commandline?  Does "mapserv -v"?  When
running into web environment problems, my first effort is to see if they can
be reproduced in a non web environment where better error messages
are often available.

Best regards,