Generating reference map image

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at PULA.HR
Thu Jul 14 02:20:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a problem that my reference map position is not identical to the
position on the main map. The difference is not big but I would like to
know why. Adn I would like to know what is the best and simplest way to
create the reference map image?

I have created it as follows:

1. I opened my main map, selecting some layers I would like to be seen
on the reference map (such as my city borders)
2. I have zoomed out to the full extent
3. I have copied this last created image from mapserver image folder
(IMAGEPATH) to the folder where the reference map image resides and
renamed it to the name of reference image. So I let the browser reduce
the reference image size to that set in mapfile.

Any suggestions?

thanks

dg