tileindex for MapInfo TAB files

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue Jul 19 08:36:06 EDT 2005

Okay, I have solved this by creating Mapinfo seamless layers in the meantime.

But still wondering if there is a way to do this with ogrtindex and Mapserver, ie to use a tileindex pointing to Mapinfo TAB files created with ogrtindex in Mapserver?

Anybody knows?

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Bart van den Eijnden <BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL> 07/14/05 03:47pm >>>
Hi list,

I am trying to use a tileindex I created with ogrtindex with Mapserver. The tileindex references 7 Mapinfo TAB files. I get the following errors:

[14-Jul-2005 15:25:26] PHP Warning:  [MapServer Error]: msSHPOpenFile(): (D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\sites\westland\data\accres\groen\GroenDeLier_text.tab)
 in D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\common\chameleon\htdocs\common\wrapper\drawmap.php on line 533

The files do exist there, is Mapserver trying to open it up through the native shapefile driver instead of through OGR?

I use the following LAYER definition:

  TYPE ANNOTATION
  TILEINDEX "accres\groen\groen_text"
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR