Need some help with mapserver 4.6

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at INTEVATION.DE
Thu Jul 21 09:39:56 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:09:39AM -0400, Jeff Portwine wrote:
> I'm having a few problems with my mapserver 4.6 upgrade.
>
> In my application, I add some geocoded points onto the map.   The points are
> marked simply with a colored circle on top of a white circle... so for
> example you get a blue dot with a white outline.    In 4.4.1, this works
> fine.   In v4.6, it shows the top circle offset from the bottome circle, so
> that the edge of the top circle on one side of the circle is tangent with
> the edge of the bottom circle.     I can't really imagine why this happens.
>
> Here is my mapserv -v for both versions:
> MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
> SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7
> INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG
>
> MapServer version 4.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>

> This brings me to my next problem.   I originally installed mapserver in
> debian using a debian package.   So far as I am aware, v.4.6 isn't available
> to apt-get yet so I tried to compile it myself.    My original included
> support for gdal and ogr, which I think I should have even if i'm not sure
> whether or not I need it... I tried adding those just in case that was the
> reason for my misaligned circle markers.   I did an apt-get libgdal1 and
> libgdal1-dev and added the --with-gdal --with-ogr options to my configure
> and I get a bunch of errors that look like this:
>
> : undefined reference to `OGRSpatialReference::IsLocal(void) const'
> ./libmap.a(mapogr.o)(.text+0x7f): In function
> `msOGRSpatialRef2ProjectionObj(OGRSpatialReference *, projectionObj *,
> int)':
> : undefined reference to `OGRSpatialReference::exportToProj4(char **) const'
> ./libmap.a(mapogr.o)(.text+0x132): In function `msOGCWKT2ProjectionObj':
> : undefined reference to `OGRSpatialReference::OGRSpatialReference(char
> const *)'

Did you install the dev-package of gdal resp ogr? On debian sarge
this package is called libgdal-dev or libgdal1-dev.

Many greetings,

	Silke

--
Intevation GmbH

Georgstrasse 4                    49074 Osnabrück, Germany
http://intevation.de              http://intevation.de/~silke
FreeGIS.org                       http://freegis.org/