What does compile with "--with-httpd" do?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 26 10:29:32 EDT 2005

On 7/25/05, Adam W <adam at jamradar.com> wrote:
> I searched the mailing list and documentation, but could't find what
> compiling mapserver with "--with-httpd" lets you do.
>
> What options do I get if I compile with "--with-httpd"?
> What extra things does compiling with "--with-httpd" do?

Adam,

Looking through configure.in it seems that this option is used to determine
if the server is Apache 2.x so that later on the --enable-debug switch
can decide if extra work needs to be done to make stderr error logging
"non-blocking".

I'm not sure what bad things might happen if you don't make stderr
logging non-blocking on Apache 2 though.

If you aren't using --enable-debug or Apache 2 it shouldn't matter
wether you use --with-httpd or not.

Best regards,