Join? Query? Select?

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Thu Jul 28 03:09:30 EDT 2005

I forgot to say that these .DBF are dinamically generated by an
application server (which I query through a HTML form), so I can't
hardcode the filename into my mapfile, since the filename changes
everytime I want a map with different parameters.

	Daniele

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Daniele Margotti
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:12 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Join? Query? Select?

Hi list,
I have a point layer, based on a shapefile.

I also have many .DBF files, which are reduced sets of the original .DBF
of my shapefile (i.e., I have only one field, "ID", that corresponds to
the "ID" field of the original shapefile, and only some records - not
ALL of them).

Now, the problem:

When I browse the map, I want to see ONLY the points that are listed in
my "reduced" .DBF (or, alternatively, see them in a different color -
defining a CLASS item). Since I use CGI Mapserver, I also want to define
a variable (%dbf%) that should be inserted in the mapfile, so I can
modify it to change the view of my map (without modify my mapfile).

Is it possible?
What do I have to add to the mapfile?

Thank you,
  Daniele