Multiple dynamic points and cgi variables

Beales, Joe Joe.Beales at NORTECHONLINE.CO.UK
Thu Jul 28 04:26:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to display multiple coordinates on a map using the Map server
CGI. I'm using the form submission technique and by using php (and
Mysql) I get a list of points and dynamically add them to the form,
submit the form and all my points are displayed, great!

My problem is that in the template file I do not know what the names of
my new points are so I can't reproduce my original form. Unless I've
missed a trick here, in order to say pan the map by clicking on the
image I'd need to produce a form in the template so that when I clicked
on the map and therefore submit the form all the original form variables
are passed back to Map Server.

Is there a way in the template file to get a complete list of the
variables Map Server provides, like the $_POST variable in php, rather
than reference them individually like [host]?

Or am I going about this completely the wrong way?

Any answers/thoughts would be most appreciated.
Regards,
Joe