POST method to mapserv

akoel akoel at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 29 06:19:35 EDT 2005

hi.

I want to call the mapserv with POST method (becuse I have a long parameter
list) from a php script. To do this I used the fsockopen() function. It
almost worked, but...
I got back the html page with some strange numbers and characters in it.
randomly...
It's really annoying. I cann't handle it and I couldn't fint the answer.
has anybody get any idea what went wrong?

I insert the important part of the source here

<?php

   $url = 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_44.exe';
   $host= 'localhost';
   $path= '/cgi-bin/mapserv_44.exe';
   $params = "program=http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_44.exe&".
                     "mode=browse&".
                     "zoom=1&".
                     "map=../htdocs/wis/wis.map";

   $request="POST ".$path." HTTP/1.1n";
   $request.="Host: ".$host."n";
   $request.="Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencodedn";
   $request.="Content-length: ".(strlen($params)-0)."n";
   $request.="Request-number: 1n";
   $request.="Document-type: Requestn";
   $request.="Interface-Version: Test 1.4n";
   $request.="Connection: closen";
   $request.="n";
   $request.=$params."n";

   $fp = fsockopen("localhost", 80, $errno, $errstr);

   if (!$fp) {
      echo "$errstr ($errno)<br>n";
   }else{
      fputs($fp, $request);