landview DHTML interface: adding elements

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Fri Jul 29 14:44:44 EDT 2005

Greetings,

I am interested in building on top of the excellent landview DHTML interface
for mapserver. Specifically, I would like to add a bit of text just below the
scale bars, with a message about the map scale. I would like this message to
be updated with every interaction with the map. My attempts thus far are not
updated after map interaction.

So far i have created a function that creates a custom message based on the
scale of the map like this:

  function display_current_message()
  	{
	var current_scale = ms.getscale();
	var message = "";

	if(current_scale > 50001 )
		{
		message = "You are currently working with scale A.";
		}
	else
		{
		message = "You are currently working with scale B.";
		}

	return message;
	}

(put message here via JS)

Is there a general method of updating the contents of the landview DHTML page
that i can use to update my custom bit of text?

thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis