Getting MapServer working (PHP MapScript)

Bill Binko bill at BINKO.NET
Wed Jun 1 16:14:09 EDT 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Abe Gillespie wrote:

> I'll look into doing the other items later.  The output of phpinfo()
> is attached.
>
> How can I run under GDB?

Assuming Linux (YMMV)

Make sure that your PHP library path is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/php/extenions:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

$ gdb php
<startup text, loading symbols etc.>
{gdb} run yourfile.php
<error saying SIGSEGV occurred>
(gdb) bt
<backtrace of error>  <-- Cut and paste this

If this doesn't work, contact Daniel and I offline and we'll work with
you.  It looks to me like you're using a PHP that uses their internal
regex methods.  This can cause a great deal of pain up until very
recently.  However, a recent CVS build may solve this for you.  Do you
build from source?

Bill