hyperlink in a map

Mon Jun 6 13:45:02 EDT 2005

I assume you want to have someone click on the map and go to another website? If so, that's easy, just use a URL template:

LAYER
  NAME 'my symbols'
  TYPE POINT
  TEMPLATE 'http://www.google.com'
END

If a user clicks on any point them they'd be directed to Google. Works with all feature types (don't know about rasters though) and the template can be a fixed URL or one dynamically build from attributes. It must start http:// or https:// or ftp://.

Steve

>>> SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Nuri <mapserver at HOTMAIL.COM> 06/06/05 5:14 AM >>>
Hi,

I have a database dbf, with several defined symbols. They appear in my map
when I run mapserver.

It is possible to insert a hyperlink from those symbols that appear in the
map to an existing URL? If it is, how can do it? What instruction have I
to insert in .map file?

Thank you.

Nuri