php relocation error HELP!

Dejan Gambin dejan.gambin at PULA.HR
Fri Jun 10 17:41:58 EDT 2005

Hi,

This happened to me today and I am not able to use php/mapscript any
more. I get interanl server error and the apache log says:

php: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/php_mapscript_44
.so: undefined symbol: GetRegistrar__20OGRSFDriverRegistrar
[Fri Jun 10 23:13:07 2005] [error] [client 195.29.73.150] Premature end
of script headers: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php

I can't figure out what exactly is the cause, but it started after I
have done the following:
- I wanted to use some libgeotiff tools so I have downloaded and tried
to compile libgeotiff
- since it required libtiff version 3.6 and later (i had libtiff3g
installed - debian package) I have installed the new libtiff library
using apt-get and the version libtiff4 was installed
- I have tried to compile libgeotiff but without success, then I saw
that libtiff.so was linked to old libtiff.so.3.5.5 instead of newly
installed libtiff.so.4.1.2 so I have removed the symbolic link and
created the new one using: ln -s libtiff.so.4.1.2 libtiff.so
- I have successfully compiled libgeotiff library but after that I am
not able to use mapserver (php/mapscript) any more

Now I have libtiff3g and libtiff4 installed. I have tried to use the old
libtiff.so.3.5.5, recompiled mapserver and used the newest
php_mapscript.so but without success. I have tried this using new
libtiff.so.4.1.2 - still no success. I have tried to recompile php
(4.3.11) - nothing helped. I have recompiled gdal - nothing (but using
the old libtiff.so.3.5.5)

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

regards

dejan gambin