ASP with server-side scripting in map template

Piero Cavalieri piero.cavalieri at HEIDI.IT
Thu Jun 16 11:12:49 EDT 2005

I don't understand how you use asp files with MapServer. However I think
the logic could be: the asp page collect key-values pairs from  user needs
and send the appropriate request to the cgi. The cgi fill the template
file.  On top of the page you read the in-memory template and put info
(path to images, extents ecc...) in variables. Use variables to fill the
new Page. So templates are trasversal, they stay in server and there
remains.I do so with aspx.

Piero

David Shorthouse wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
>     Is it possible to include server-side vbscript on a map template?
MapServer can use .asp as a map template, but nothing is done with the
scripting I tried to include. In fact, if you look at the source of the
resultant page, the vbscript is clearly visible. My problem is that I'm
stuck with asp and there are a few things I would like to add to the map
template that would be more efficient to do via vbscript than a MapServer
layer.