Perl Mapscript 4.4 Issues

Ellis Robin (Bundaberg) Robin.Ellis at NRM.QLD.GOV.AU
Mon Jun 20 02:33:58 EDT 2005

Yes Aaron, thanks for that. I have copied across the 'new' mapscript.pm and restarted Apache (a couple of times). That's not to say that I won't be really, really happy if my solution is as simple as your porposal!

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Craig [mailto:mercutio at pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, 20 June 2005 4:16 PM
To: Ellis Robin (Bundaberg)
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Perl Mapscript 4.4 Issues

At the risk of pointing out the obvious -- you did re-install
mapscript.pm when you upgraded MS?  That doesn't happen automatically.

Rob Ellis wrote:

| On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:18:22 -0400, Lowell Filak <lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG>
| wrote:
|

|>The following message was sent by Stephen Woodbridge
|><woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM> on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:23:26 -0400.
|>

|>>Hi all,
|>>
|>>I'm looking at the SWIGMapScript doc and have run into a few problems.
|>>
|>>$mapObj->setExtent($minx, $miny, $maxx, $maxy);
|>>
|>>and throws an error:
|>>
|>>Can't locate auto/mapscript/mapObj/setExtent.al in @INC (@INC contains:
|>>/etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4
|>>/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
|>>/usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0
|>>/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 .) at index.cgi line 255
|>>
|>>Also looking at the document it looks like there is an
|>>$layerObj->setExtent(...) which doesn't seem to be correct.
|>>
|>>The classObj doc says it "Provides access to all class parameters
|>>(color, symbol, label, & etc...)." but there is no doc to indicate there
|>>is a symbol property, nor is there any of doc/properties for color,
|>>overlaycolor, size, overlaysize. I think these were moved to styleObjs
|>>so it might be appropriate to comment on that.
|>
|>Steve,
|>
|>What version are you using?
|>I just double checked and there is most certainly a 'setExtent' for the
|>mapObj in the mapscript.pm.
|>You are correct on the classObj not. It is an old note that needs to be
|>deleted. Sorry for the confusion.
|>
|>Lowell
|

| Sorry to take you guys back to something that you've allready sorted out,
| but I'm a little confused. I've upgraded to MS4.4.2 but am getting the
| following message when trying to use Perl Mapscript, and from the previous
| messages it looks as though I might just need to alter mapscript.pm:
|
| Can't locate auto/mapscript/classObj/swig_styles.al
|
| Am I right in interpreting the previous emails when I assume that I
need to
| remove refernces to classObj in mapscript.pm, or am I way off?
|
| Thanks
|
| Rob

- --
Aaron Craig
mercutio at pobox.com

Get Firefox!
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=0&amp;t=1
- -=-=-
Sweet are the uses of adversity.
- -=-=-

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.