Virtual connections (.ovf) and parameterized requests

David Shorthouse dps1 at UALBERTA.CA
Sun Jun 26 00:02:11 EDT 2005

Hello folks,

    I have a connection to a SQL Server via DSN and an ovf file to pull some
point data as a layer and was wondering if it is at all possible to use
parameterized requests. A wiki on the mapserver webpage describes how to
build an ovf but if the SrcLayer is a stored procedure, can one use a
parameter for the stored procedure in the map file? The only option I have
seen is FILTER, but that obviously doesn't submit a needed parameter for a
stored procedure. I guess my question is of an OGR connection can pass a
parameter to a stored procedure rather than just filtering an entire
recordset.

    Another related question is if I can use a DSN-less connection to a SQL
Server directly from a map file.

Thanks for any ideas,

David Shorthouse