WMS time support with a database

uli mueller [geOps] uli.mueller at GMX.CH
Tue Mar 1 08:48:31 EST 2005

Marco

There is the documentation at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/wms-time-support-howto.html

For PostGIS I used the following settings at layer level:

LAYER
METADATA
   ...other metadata ...
     "wms_timeextent"            "1994-12-31/2004-12-31"
     "wms_timedefault"            "1994-12-31/2004-12-31"
     "wms_timeitem"            "MyDateField"
END
DATA "the_geom from MyView USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=4326"
END

"MyView" is a PostgreSQL view containing the geometry and a field named
MyDateField of type "timestamp with time zone". However any other date
data type should work as well.

I query this WMS through
http://myhost/my.wms?VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=MyLayer&TIME=2002/2004....

!?! Seems as if with TIME support any setting in the layer's FILTER
parameter are overridden. I had posted this yesterday (Message "WMS TIME
conflict with FILTER") and am still hoping to get an answer on this.

Uli

--
geOps GeoInformatics
D-79100 Freiburg