get part of very large raster

Ivan Mjartan ivan.mjartan at GEOVAP.CZ
Wed Mar 2 04:11:24 EST 2005

Hi, everybody

I have little problem,

I have very large raster over 100M, and I have to programming small program, that on input get Xmin, Xmax, Ymin, Ymax and return small wedge of this large raster.

My first test was using GD library but problem is that this library  load whole raster into memory and its mean, that its take very long time.

I know (I am developing something on mapserver), that mapserver is doing this and very fast and my question is, which library mapserver is using , or  which part of code is processing this ?

Thanks very much for your reply

ivan mjartan