PHP & Map Script

Schuyler Erle schuyler at NOCAT.NET
Thu Mar 3 12:51:35 EST 2005

* On  3-Mar-2005 at  9:47AM PST, Lester Caine said:
> Then we need a map ;) That one is licensed from Ordnance Survey, but the
> councils planning department may already have a licence for that.
> POSTCODE data can be used to select a centre point of the bit you want.
> So you probably need to sort out what scale of map is needed for the job
> you are trying to do.

The OpenStreetMap project is trying to address some of these questions
for the UK. Although we don't have much in the way of hard data to
give away yet, there is a very active and thoughtful mailing list. If
your council doesn't have or can't get these data sets, come talk to
us.

    http://www.openstreetmap.org/

SDE