PHP & Map Script

Lester Caine lester at LSCES.CO.UK
Fri Mar 4 11:13:55 EST 2005

Hannah Brown wrote:

> I have the postcodes and corresponding coordinates for their location
> and also have the maps required.  The maps have the required layers in
> ArcView to show what postcodes apply to which areas using polygons.
You are doing better than me then ;) Although I do have a reasonable
test setup based on the Isle of Man

> So far I have the initialisation file for starting up the map, however I
> am unclear how to use the file to enter a postcode > to find the area on
> the map > specify where the problem is and then pass the variables of
> the coordinates over to the reporting form.
The next problem is to convert the postcode to a co-ordinate that is
using the same scale as your map. This will then give you an 'x' and 'y'
for the section of map you want,

> My initialisation file so far is as follows;
I think I'm in the same boat - how do you select a scaled view centred
on the x and Y coordinates that you have :( And then return the actual x
and y back from the map when you select the exact point? I can pan and
zoom to the point, but need to go there automatically.

> I am using MySQL and PHP.
I won't hold MySQL against you, never used it myself, but anything that
can give the data required will do the job.

--
Lester Caine