All Tiger data for download?

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 4 12:18:53 EST 2005

> Actually, I've done most of the work already. ;-) See
> http://mappinghacks.com/projects/tiger2pgsql/ for the script that does
> most of the work.

Excellent.  I'll dig in on that next week once I get the raw data
downloaded (grabbing the torrent right now!)

As far as equipment that I'll need for this, do you know how much disk
space the postgres database of all of the tiger data is going to take,
or how much room the final shapefiles will consume?  I just need to
gauge what type of hardware I'll need to do this process.

Also, when ogr2ogr extracts the info from postgres, is it easy to
place each layer/state/county in a different directory for easier use
with tileindexing?

Thanks for the script, and I'll let you know how it goes next week!
-Camden