Python Mapscript QueryByPoint

Jon Saints saintsjd at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 8 07:49:04 EST 2005

I am having trouble querying a flat shapefile using
python mapscript with the queryByPoint function.

My getResults always equals None. I believe my trouble
has something to do with: (from the swig
documentation) "A query will not set results for a
layer with a NULL 'template' attribute."

I have tried using both map and pixel coords for the
point object. Both point objects, I am sure intersect
a feature of layer 0 on my map.

I receive the error:
"'NoneType' object has no attribute 'numresults'"

My code:
#Map coords
#click = pointObj()
#click.x = 77.01
#click.y = 38.89

#pixel Coords
click = pointObj()
click.x = 300
click.y = 200

myMap.getLayer(0).queryByPoint( myMap, click,
MS_SINGLE, 10.0 )
results = myMap.getLayer(0).getResults()
output = results.numresults

excerpt from My mapfile:
LAYER
  NAME dcdem2000
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  METADATA
    desc "Census Blocks"
    logo "test.jpg"
  END
  DATA "/home/jons/Data/DC/created/dcdem2000"
  CLASS
    NAME "Census Blocks 2000"
    COLOR 225 225 225
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100