Call for Volunteers - New MapServer Website

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at CCGIS.DE
Wed Mar 9 03:07:19 EST 2005

Steve Lime wrote:
> Greetings all: A small group of folks have been working for some time on
> developing a new and improved MapServer website. Howard Butler was the
> main instigator and has probably spent the most time getting this
> initiative underway. One of the driving principles of the new site is
> based around community ownership and development. (the site will still
> live on UMN infrastructure) Bottom line? Howard et al. have done a great
> job so far, but they cannot do it alone- we need your help!

This is great news!

[...]
>   - Translatable content (the French/German/Portuguese/etc version of
> documents exist alongside English ones.  They aren't automagically
> translated, however.

Rest assured that we will hop on the train as soon as possible and
ensure that the German translations are up to date.

> So, if you've been looking for a way to get involved in the project this
> might be it! You don't have to be a C/C++ programmer to participate.
> Please contact me (steve.lime at state.mn.us) if you are interested in
> helping out.

We will sooner than later drop the German site - as it is just a crude
copy of the original - but it served us well so far.

Best, Arnulf.

--
Arnulf B. Christl