scale buckets programatically

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 13:52:54 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:23:03 -0600, Shantha, Raghavendra Vasanth
<raghu at ku.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Mapserver/mapscript.
>
> I am trying to do "scale buckets" on a AIG (Arc/Info Grid) raster file.

Raghu,

I'm not exactly sure why what you are doing isn't working ...
at least a bit.  but my suggestion would be to avoid setting
explicit scale bounds, and number of buckets and trying again.

I would also encourage you to first try getting things working
with a static map file before trying to construct things via
mapscript.  Also, when reporting problems like this it is
helpful to report the software version you are using.  In
particular, raster classification has been altered non-trivially
in the 4.4.0 release compared to earlier versions.

Best regards,