one more tiger question - semi OT

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at PROPERTYKEY.COM
Thu Mar 17 17:02:28 EST 2005

Jeff Portwine wrote:

> An easier one this time... anybody know if there is a reference anywhere
> that can tell me what the different CFCC codes for roads mean?

You're in luck.  The documentation is at

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tiger2004fe/TGR04FE.pdf

Have fun.

> files which values I want for which type of roads.   It looks like
> Interstates are A15 and state highways are A11 for example, but some
> interstates are showing A11.   It's just not easy to tell.. would make
> it easier if there is a reference someplace.

A15 is seperated, A11 is unseperated.  All of the CFCC codes are listed
with what they mean in that PDF, along with more than everything you
ever wanted to know about anything else in TIGER.

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff at propertykey.com